If your organization would like to contribute to the growth and preservation of Camp Big Mac we welcome your interest and involvement both during your stay at camp and for more extensive Service, Eagle and Ordeal Projects.
Here are a selection of past Service Projects, Eagle Projects and Ordeal Projects that have been done in recent years. Eagle Projects and Ordeal Projects usually require more upfront work and more on-site time than a few hours service during your visit.
If you have an idea and would like to work on a project, please use the Contact Us page to let us know, and we will coordinate with you.
Past Service Projects (Weekend):
- Dig out fire pits at the camp sites
- Dig out the fire pit in the main amphitheater
- Repairing rock walls by front gate
- Keep the foot trails clear (undergrowth, overhangs, etc.)
- Water the Chestnut trees in front of the Mess Hall
Past Eagle Projects:
- Paint the interior/exterior of the Mess Hall and Recreation Center
- Renovate, re-roof and paint cabins
- Build benches and a new altar pergola for the Chapel
- Install bat boxes around the camp
- Re-roof and extend the roof to cover the Mess Hall deck
- Build the dock at the Pond
- Build the Shooting Range platform
Past Ordeal Projects:
- Complete the basketball court retaining wall
- Blaze new and old trails
- Planting new trees
- Eradicating poison ivy and undergrowth
- Build trail bridges