WELCOME TO CAMP BIG MAC
12647 MOSS HOLLOW ROAD MARKHAM, VIRGINIA 22643
The Claude McDonald Foundation, Inc. strives to make your camping experience an enjoyable one.
Camp Big Mac is an unstaffed camp, where we count on your participation to keep the camp running. Please keep the following points in mind during your visit:
1. Respect the property as if it were your own.
2. Keep all fires safe and insure they are cold out when you depart.
3. Use all fire safety rules when using the grills.
4. Employ all Firearm Safety Rules when using the shooting range.
5. Observe all winter shut down procedures from November 1st to April 15th.
6. Leave some firewood for the next group.
7. Please do not cut live trees for firewood.
8. Leave and embers in wood stove to cool on departure.
9. Take out more trash than you came with.
10. Leave the camp as clean or cleaner than you found it.
11. Report any problems with the camp or facilities to the Camp Director.
12. When departing, make sure the Main electrical breaker is off.
13. Ensure all doors and windows are locked before departing.
14. Make sure main gate is locked when departing.
Thank you for visiting Camp Big Mac. Your cooperation is appreciated. We hope your stay will be enjoyable.
Camp Big Mac… Dedicated to the future of our youth… Dedicated to the enjoyment of the outdoors…
Activity Fees Camp Big Mac requires a $35 reservation deposit in order to guarantee your reservation. If you need to cancel your reservation, please do so with enough time for the weekend to be reserved by someone else. Reservation fees may not be refundable in the case of a last minute cancellation. Contact Camp Director Paul Reinsel with questions.
The camp usage fee is $5.00 per person per day.
Please send in your payments (checks payable to Camp Big Mac or Claude McDonald Foundation) promptly upon your reservation and subsequent use of camp. Please put your Unit or group name on the check(s). Send all payments to: Claude McDonald Foundation c/o 8518 Cyrus Place, Alexandria, VA 22308